What do I want from this class?

Through the concepts of entrepreneurship, I am hoping to shape and gain a understanding of what success means to me. Creating wealth for yourself is not a bad goal to have, however, just doing something for the sake of wealth seems meaningless and quite boring. I hope by the end of the quarter this class will have given me something to aspire toward as I prepare to graduate from UW Tacoma, and enter into the work force. The conversations that have been going on in class have been fascinating, and I am finding myself excited to learn more about the business process. I myself have grown up in a household that runs a small family business, which has given much reward and headaches to my family. This class seems ideal to me in reflecting on my own perception of business, and what it takes for a business to be successful. Growing up in a small business I have always seen it more as a ball and chain that prevented my family to go one many trips and have more quality family time as it would take up 90 percent of our time. However, there are the skills and traits I had forged over time because I had to help my family from the tender age of 5, and even now at the age of 26. Just like I have grown to accept that my experience working at our family business was valuable in growing myself into the person I am today; I hope that this class will bring on insight and inspiration for me to forge my own life and discovering what I enjoy doing in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts