Shadrach White



This quarter has not been kind to me, as I have faced many difficulties getting to school this quarter. From having my car stop in the middle of the freeway to getting a flat tire, however I am thankful I was able to make it to part of Shadrach White’s presentation in class. Through Mr. White’s visit we learned more about understanding where in the company you fall under, and understanding where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Mr. White shared with us how for him he is very much a visionary and is great at being the face of the company, however is not strong when it comes to documenting the finances of his company. It was hard to hear but his advice was to suck it up and get the work done, because just because you are the CEO of a company doesn’t excuse you from doing the work that needs to get done in the business to keep it alive. I very much liked Mr. White’s view on treating people how you want to be treated, and really shows that to being a successful entrepreneur required a optimistic outlook. After our time with Mr. White I kept thinking to myself on which side of the glass I stood. Am I someone to see the glass half full? Or half empty? I believe I need to take the time to understand myself much more, as I am unable to answer to question without a doubt. Perhaps this inability to do so is what makes me human, however at the same time is not great in deciding if you have what it takes to start my own entrepreneurship adventure. I often times find myself caring far too much, and thinking about something someone had said hours ago, and then at times completely dropping and disregarding something someone had said because, of how outlandish their comment was. I believe at this point in my life I see the glass both ways, which would explain my inability to make snap decisions on simple things such as choosing what I would like to eat in a day. I see myself wishing to have the outlook and confident demeanor Mr. White had while talking about his company that day. Perhaps I am the type of person that lacks that type of charisma and need to find someone that does if I ever to decide to begin my own company. Where can I find this confidence that I have been seeing in all our guest speaker, and even our own Professor Fry.

Comments

Popular Posts