Brian Forth

I am upset I couldn’t make it to class on time to see the entire presentation of Brian Forth. I have to say the lasting impression I got from Brian was that he is such a people person, getting to know people and building trust. The concept of teamwork was very big in Brian’s presentation of his company, SiteCrafting, and he listed off the 6 things he finds important in a team environment: earn trust, teamwork, get $#!* done, dedication, research, and stay curious. I think one of the biggest misconception is that entrepreneurship is a solo adventure. As Brain mentions, you are not alone, find mentors you trust, and your company is always with you. Listening to Brain talk about his team model for his company showed me that the workplace is essentially your secondary family. These are people you are going to be spending a lot of time with and often time you don’t have a say in who you work with. I think the thing that peaked my interest was when Brian started talking about his UX/UI team, as I am highly interested in pursuing UX/UI design as a career, and it was really encouraging to see that a CEO sees the importance of having a UX/UI design team and gives me hope that I will be able to find a job once I graduate from UW Tacoma. The one thing I got from Brain’s presentation is that you shouldn’t dismiss people, because you never know what kind of opportunity a person can bring to you,  if not now in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts