Mission and Vision Statement


I am finding that as we continue learning about more about what it means to be an entrepreneur, it is absolutely nothing as I had initially thought. I remember thinking entrepreneurs are selfish people that only look out for themselves looking at many opportunities that they can get their hands on to make the most money possible. However, with each new guest speaker that came into class, and even hearing about Professor Fry’s own experience being an entrepreneur I have learned that my outlook is grossly mistaken. Entrepreneurs exist from a need that is not being met by the current business market, and simply put exist for the need to meet the needs of others. This is seen through the mission and vision statement that all companies have as part of their identity. In class we went over many different kinds of vision and mission statements different companies have but I will still remember the mission statement with Coke. “The Coca Cola Company Mission is to refresh the world in mind, body and spirit. To inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions.” We can see through the mission statement more times then not the company has a value in providing something for their user base. It is interesting to see that the companies that do really well often times have this same outlook, and cater their vision and mission statement to cater to people instead of themselves. With this in mind for my own company, LIVE, I would like to also center the identity of my company on meeting a need people need. Therefore, the vision statement for my company currently will be to reduce the obesity rate in the Pacific Northwest. My companies mission statement will be the have our smart water bottles in the hands of everyone in the King County area creating a desire for users to drink more water, and walk more creating happiness through the value of exercise.

Comments

Popular Posts